Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Crockpot Pork Chop Delight


This was really, really good. I'll warn you though, it's a sodium bomb. Since I used the crockpot, I skipped browning the chops in a pan and just seasoned them with seasoned salt and pepper. It was too much salt when you added the onion soup mix and the cream of mushroom soup. Next time, and there WILL be a next time, I'll season the chops with a no salt blend and use the rest of the recipe as is. I served this with mashed potatoes and green beans. Wonderful comfort food.

Pork Chops Delite
recipe courtesy of:
Rachel--burns_toast

4 pork chops; boneless
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup beer
salt/pepper to taste

Season pork chops with a no-salt seasoning and some freshly ground pepper. Spray a 5 qt crock pot with nonstick spray. Put seasoned chops into crock pot. Mix remaining ingredients, pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, depending on thickness of chops.

3 comments:

  1. Yum, looks tasty and pretty easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try it tonight. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete