Monday, July 12, 2010

Plum Chicken Wraps


This was delicious! I loved how low carb it was and light enough for a hot summer night. The flavors were lovely together and I used the raspberry plouts that I found at my local grocery store instead of regular plums. I will certainly make this again!

Plum Chicken Wraps

  • 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1/3 cup plum sauce
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/4 cup salted cashews
  • 2 medium fresh plums, sliced
  • 12 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
In a large saucepan, combine the pineapple, plum sauce, vinegar and oil. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, green onions and cashews; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in plums. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf. Fold lettuce over filling.
Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 3 filled wraps equals 298 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.

2 comments:

  1. This really looks delicious and I really like the calorie count, etc. I'm new here and will enjoy looking at your great recipes! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete