Saturday, January 30, 2010

Carol's Chicken Salad


Carol, I love you. This is the BEST chicken salad I've ever had. The water chestnuts (which I wasn't too sure of) totally added a wonderful crunch. I prefer to use red grapes and the only thing I skip is the cheese. I prefer my chicken salad without it but that's just me. Cheese or no cheese, this is da bomb.

Carol’s Chicken Salad


1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 tablespoon lemon juice

3 cups diced, cooked chicken breast meat

1/2 cup finely chopped celery

1/2 cup chopped green onions

1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped

1 1/2 cups diced Swiss cheese

1 1/2 cups halved green grapes


In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, salt, poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and lemon juice.


In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, green onions, water chestnuts, Swiss cheese, and grapes. Add the mayonnaise mixture, and stir to coat. Chill until serving

No comments:

Post a Comment