Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Perfect Boiled Egg


In honor of the Easter holiday and the fact that I simply cannot escape the joys (inserted very sarcastically) of coloring Easter eggs, I give you the recipe for a PERFECT boiled egg. Every time. Perfect. Not all boiled egg directions result in a perfect egg. I know this, trust me and the dozen eggs I ruined because they weren't done and I didn't use my perfect egg recipe. Shame on me. Don't be that guy.

The Perfect Boiled Egg

Place a single layer of eggs in large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to a rolling boil. Place cover over pan and turn off burner. Set time for 15 minutes. After time is up, carefully drain pan of hot water and cover eggs with cold water. Let sit in pan in the cold water for 2 minutes. Drain and either eat (semi-warm) or put in refrigerator to eat later once they've thoroughly cooled off.

Enjoy your perfect boiled egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment