Sunday, May 1, 2011

Crock Pot Sweet 'n Sour Chicken


This was a "throw together because I thawed Chicken Breasts 2 days ago and I need to cook them". Plus, it was a WW recipe so I knew that it would be diet friendly. It was really good and QUICK, EASY and the kids liked it. Trifecta if you ask me. Careful not to overcook the chicken in the crock pot. I cooked it for like 5 hours on low and it was PERFECT. You could also add some pineapple and peppers to this and it would be super! Add toward the end of the cooking cycle to avoid mushy veggies though.

Crock pot Sweet 'n Sour Chicken

3 pounds of boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (I used 3 breasts and I cut them
into bite size pieces.)
3/4 C Apricot spreadable fruit (I used Simply Fruit brand)
1 8oz bottle of Kraft Fat Free Catalina Dressing
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix

Spray crock pot with non-stick spray. Mix all ingredients together and place into crock pot. Cook on low for 5-7 hours. Serve over rice for additional points.

NI: 1/2 C Serving without rice: Cal 183 Fat 3g Carb 11g, Fiber trace, Cholesterol 69 mg, Sodium 374 mg.

No comments:

Post a Comment