Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blue Ribbon Chili





This chili is da-bomb. So much flavor and it tasted even better the next day. I have to say I like this better than my "go to" chili recipe. You could eaisly make this in the crock pot too. Just leave it on low for a couple hours, stirring every so often so the bottom doesn't burn.







Debdoozie's Blue Ribbon Chili






2 pounds ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1 (8 ounce) jar salsa (I used medium heat, perfect!)
4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix (I used one whole package)
1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans

In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and saute for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix and kidney beans. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment