Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nan's Chocolate Trifle


What's that old adage? Anything in a trifle dish is good. Really, anything. I'm including this recipe on my all stars blog because my dear Nan thought this was the best dessert she's ever eaten. I have to laugh because although I do love it, I never considered it the BEST dessert but my grandmother didn't give out high praise to food very often so because of that, here it is.

Nan's Chocolate Trifle

1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
1 60z instant chocolate pudding
1/2 C STRONG coffee
12oz Cool Whip
6 Heath Bars crushed

Bake cake according to package directs for a 13x9 pan. Cool completely.
Prepare pudding according to package directions.
Crumble 1/2 C of chocolate cake and set aside in a bowl. Take 1/2 of the remaining cake and crumble it in the bottom of a trifle bowl. Next add 1/4 C of the strong coffee over the cake layer, then 1/2 of pudding and 1/2 of cool whip and 1/2 Heath Bars. Repeat these layers one more time. Mix remaining Heath Bars and reserved chocolate cake crumbs together. Sprinkle that on top of trifle. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator for 4-5 hours.

**NOTE: THIS IS BEST IF LEFT OVERNIGHT so make it the night before you need it**

No comments:

Post a Comment